Shopping for a car can feel like a full-time job. You can test drive one vehicle that at first sight is everything you ever wanted, but then after a few miles behind the wheel, it just doesn’t hold up to the performance and handling you’re looking for. Or even the car you want is priced so far out of your affordability range that even test driving will just be a tease. So, no matter where you’re looking for a new or used vehicle in Utah, it takes time and patience to find the one you love!
With the advent of used car leasing, companies like Drivrz Financial are helping make owning that ultra-luxury car or sports car of your dreams possible. Used or pre-owned leasing provides you with a near-new vehicle at a lower price than you would if you leased it straight off the lot.
So today, we wanted to dive into some of the pros and cons of leasing a used car.
Pros of Leasing Pre-Owned
Here are the pros that come when you choose to lease a used vehicle:
- Nicer Car: When you choose to lease used, you’re getting a car that was in many cases a new-car lease for someone else and is still only two to three years old.
- Lower Payments: It’s simply less each month to lease a used car than a new one because the depreciation rate on used cars is so much lower.
- Fewer Insurance Costs: With the value of your used car being lower than a new car off the lot, it means that your insurance will cost less to keep your vehicle covered.
Cons of Leasing Pre-Owned
These are some of the downsides of leasing a used vehicle:
- Higher Interest: Leasing a used car can come with a higher interest rate than leasing brand-new off the lot. However, Drivrz Financial is a preferred lease provider for several new car models and in some cases may have lower rates than some dealership’s new model lease programs.
- Maintenance Costs: Pre-owned car warranties are not as substantial as ones for new cars. Pre-owned cars will often incur more maintenance costs, and without dealer warranty programs you will most likely need to pay for these out of pocket.
- Wear and Tear: You’re spending money to lease a car that has a couple of years under its belt. Although a used vehicle may have been inspected and even certified by a dealership there will still be some wear and tear already in place when you sign your lease deal.
If you’re in search of the perfect car to fit your needs and style, your friends at Drivrz Financial can help. We can help you get the financing you deserve to purchase the used or CPO vehicle you’ve always wanted. From Salt Lake City to St. George, we can get you the financing you need today!