Want to get behind the wheel of an electric vehicle (EV), but don’t want to pay the high prices of leasing new or financing? Leasing a used EV is the answer—not only are your monthly payments cheaper when you lease used, but you’ll also reduce or eliminate the expense of filling your tank up with gas. How can you save money by leasing a used EV? You’ll enjoy lower expenses in a variety of ways, including:
- Lower Fuel Costs: The primary benefit of investing in an electric vehicle is that you no longer have to feel pain at the gas pump to get from point A to point B. Whether you lease a hybrid or an all-electric vehicle, you’ll reduce your reliance on gasoline, instantly saving you a lot of money, no matter how many miles you log each month.
- Lower Monthly Payments: When you lease used, the monthly payment you make goes toward depreciation of the vehicle that occurs as you drive it. Since the most significant depreciation occurs when the car first drives off the lot, plus the first two years the vehicle is on the road, there’s less depreciation to account for as you’re using the vehicle. That means your payments will be much lower than if you lease new or finance a vehicle.
- Lower Insurance Premiums: Since the bulk of depreciation has already been paid for by the previous owner of the vehicle you lease, you’ll enjoy lower insurance premiums, too. It’s just another secret yet significant way leasing used saves you money.
Now that you understand how leasing a used EV can save you money, how do you find the vehicle that’s right for you? It’s simpler than you might think.
Here’s how easy it is to lease a used vehicle:
1. Find Your Ride: Although not all dealers offer used car leasing, many do. Drivrz Financial makes it easy to connect with a dealer near you that offers used car leasing, so you’re one step closer to getting behind the wheel of your dream EV.
2. Negotiate: Once you’ve found a vehicle that matches your needs and budget, it’s time to negotiate terms. By negotiating with the dealer, you can ensure you’re getting favorable terms on the overall cost, including fees, taxes, and down payment.
3. Sign the Contract: Check your contract and make sure fees, covered maintenance, and mileage limits match your expectations. As long as everything looks good, including expected depreciation and residual value, sign and drive off in your new-to-you EV!
Your Dream EV Is Well Within Reach
Leasing a used vehicle, especially an EV, is a very smart choice in today’s market. With gas prices higher than ever, not to mention the price for cars, leasing a used EV is an affordable, practical option. Reach out to the used car leasing experts at Drivrz Financial today at (800) 436-0476, and we’ll connect you to a participating dealer near you!